Are you a fan of captivating TV shows set against breathtaking natural landscapes? Look no further! Colorado, with its stunning mountain ranges, vibrant cities, and rich history, has served as a picturesque backdrop for numerous television series. From thrilling crime dramas to heartwarming family sagas, the small screen has captured the essence of this diverse state in unforgettable ways. So, if you’re ready for an adventure, grab your popcorn and join us as we dive into the world of TV shows set in Colorado. Get ready to be whisked away to a world where drama unfolds against the backdrop of towering peaks and sweeping vistas.
Tv Shows Set in Colorado
Colorado, with its breathtaking landscapes and diverse culture, has been a popular setting for various TV shows. From gripping dramas to lighthearted comedies, the state has provided filmmakers with a backdrop that captivates viewers. In this article, we will explore some of the most notable TV shows set in Colorado, highlighting their unique storylines and the picturesque locations that make them even more captivating.
The Iconic Denver Skyline in “Dynasty”
One of the most famous TV shows set in Colorado is the iconic 1980s drama “Dynasty.” The series revolved around the glamorous and tumultuous Carrington family, focusing on their wealth, power, and personal conflicts. Although the show primarily took place in Denver, it showcased various locations throughout Colorado, highlighting the state’s stunning natural beauty, as well as its vibrant cityscape.
Throughout the series, viewers were treated to breathtaking aerial shots of the Denver skyline, featuring notable landmarks such as the distinctive Republic Plaza and the gleaming glass walls of the Denver World Trade Center. These visual treats, combined with the show’s engaging plotlines and unforgettable characters, captivated audiences and made “Dynasty” a cultural phenomenon.
Exploring Small-Town Life in “South Park”
On a completely different note, the animated series “South Park” has been entertaining audiences since 1997. Created by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the show is known for its irreverent humor and social commentary. Set in the fictional small town of the same name, “South Park” offers a satirical take on various aspects of American society.
While the show’s primary focus is on the lives of four foul-mouthed elementary school boys—Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny—it also delves into the quirks and idiosyncrasies of small-town Colorado. From the familiar landscapes of the Rocky Mountains to the rural charm of the town itself, “South Park” provides a unique and often hilarious perspective on life in Colorado.
Murder Mysteries in “Longmire”
If crime dramas are more your style, then the TV series “Longmire” might be just what you’re looking for. Based on Craig Johnson’s Walt Longmire Mysteries novels, the show follows the intense and dedicated Sheriff Walt Longmire as he solves crimes in the fictional Absaroka County, Wyoming. While the show is set in Wyoming, it was predominantly filmed in various locations in Colorado.
“Longmire” takes advantage of Colorado’s diverse landscapes, offering stunning visuals that range from sweeping prairies to rugged mountain ranges. The show also explores the unique challenges faced by law enforcement officers in rural communities, providing an intriguing blend of mystery, character development, and breathtaking scenery.
Pioneering Spirit in “Centennial”
Set against the backdrop of Colorado’s rich history, the TV miniseries “Centennial” brings to life James A. Michener’s epic novel of the same name. Spanning generations, the show tells the story of the fictional town of Centennial, from its early days as a trading post to its growth and development into a bustling city.
“Centennial” showcases Colorado’s natural wonders, from the vast plains of the Eastern Plains region to the majestic peaks of the Rocky Mountains. The series delves into the struggles and triumphs of the pioneers who settled the West, providing a compelling narrative that intertwines fiction with historical events. With its sweeping landscapes and captivating storytelling, “Centennial” is a must-watch for history buffs and nature enthusiasts alike.
Colorado’s stunning scenery and rich culture have served as a remarkable backdrop for numerous TV shows over the years. From the high-stakes drama of “Dynasty” to the irreverent humor of “South Park,” each show offers a unique perspective on the state’s diverse landscapes and communities. Whether you’re a fan of crime dramas, animated comedies, or historical epics, there’s a TV show set in Colorado that is sure to capture your imagination. So sit back, relax, and immerse yourself in the captivating world of TV shows set in the breathtaking state of Colorado.
Top 10 Western TV Series
Frequently Asked Questions
Which TV shows are set in Colorado?
Some TV shows that are set in Colorado include:
- South Park: This animated sitcom follows the lives of four boys and their adventures in the fictional town of South Park, Colorado.
- Everwood: This drama series revolves around a renowned neurosurgeon who moves with his teenage children to the small town of Everwood, Colorado, after the death of his wife.
- Mork & Mindy: This classic sitcom features an extraterrestrial who comes to Earth and befriends a young woman named Mindy in fictional Boulder, Colorado.
Are there any crime shows set in Colorado?
Yes, there are crime shows set in Colorado, such as:
- The Shining: Although it is a horror film, The Shining takes place in the fictional Overlook Hotel, situated in a remote location in the Colorado Rockies.
- Longmire: This crime drama series is set in the fictional Absaroka County, Wyoming, which borders Colorado. The show features a sheriff solving various crimes in the area.
Are there any reality TV shows set in Colorado?
Yes, there are several reality TV shows set in Colorado:
- The Real Housewives of Orange County: Although the main cast resides in Orange County, California, some of the housewives, including Braunwyn Windham-Burke, live in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Top Chef: In one of the seasons, the popular culinary competition show had its setting in various locations across Colorado, highlighting the state’s culinary scene.
Is there a TV show set in Denver, Colorado specifically?
Yes, there are TV shows specifically set in Denver, Colorado, including:
- Dynasty: This drama series revolves around the wealthy Carrington family and their conflicts in Denver, Colorado.
- Denver, the Last Dinosaur: This animated series follows the adventures of a dinosaur named Denver who befriends a group of teenagers living in Denver, Colorado.
Are there any Western-themed TV shows set in Colorado?
Yes, there are Western-themed TV shows set in Colorado, such as:
- Centennial: Based on James A. Michener’s novel, this miniseries chronicles the history of the fictional town of Centennial, Colorado, from the 18th century to the present.
- Hell on Wheels: While most of the series is set in Nebraska and Wyoming, the show also features storylines and scenes set in Colorado as the Union Pacific Railroad expands westward.
TV shows set in Colorado offer a captivating glimpse into the beauty and charm of the state. From the rugged landscapes of the Rocky Mountains to the vibrant city life in Denver, these shows showcase the diverse elements that make Colorado unique. Whether it’s the thrilling adventures in “South Park” or the family drama in “Dynasty,” these shows captivate audiences with their engaging storytelling and familiar settings. With a range of genres to choose from, TV shows set in Colorado provide entertainment that appeals to a wide audience. Experience the allure of the Centennial State through the lens of these captivating shows.